Monkehs Are Back in Action!

All the latest News and important announcements related to Monkehs

Re: Monkehs Are Back in Action!

Postby @B0FH » 04 May 2011, 06:51

I also wouldn't trust Sony's account of things saying "we're fairly sure none/very few CC details were compromised" - whilst the hack looks like revenge against the silencing of GeoHot more than anything, I'd put a stop on all bank cards used with a Sony service and await fresh ones from the bank.

The phrase Sony is "biting the hand that feeds..."
I Have A Fully-Charged Cattleprob, And The Temprement Of A Bullsquid - Do You Want To Take Me On?

@B0FH
Systems of Hull
Systems of Hull

Steam ID: b0fh
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: leb0fh

Postby Necro » 04 May 2011, 13:35

CardiffGreens wrote:in an ideal world you're best off having a different password for each online thing you use

I can't re-iterate this often enough ;)

In reality though it's easy to be lazy with passwords and set them to simple things, re-use them when you need to set a password in a hurry, etc. Personally I choose to set a different password for absolutely everything, and not write them down (not even in a password safe). It does mean I forget the odd pass, but never the critical ones, they can usually be reset and crucially, only one thing at a time could ever really be compromised (or several things I guess if they are all controlled by one entity such as soe, psn, etc.).

As Bofh rather wisely say's personally I'd contact your bank, site the recent sony fiasco as a reason and get them to change your card. Luckily I think i'm quite safe as the debit card I used for planetside all those years ago is well and truly expired and I'm not one to bother with the psn network much ;)

Necro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CardiffGreens » 04 May 2011, 13:50

Waaaay ahead of you guys with the banks, although they've (Sony as reported on the Beeb) bizarrely recommend to hang fire - as the wheels will kick into motion and the banks will take action automatically should anything happen -- but that seems too reactive for my liking - so I cancelled my card last wednesday evening when the news broke.

Think I'm going to take Graham Cluely's advice and start creatively lying on these things in the future =P

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Postby Deltex » 05 May 2011, 10:20

This was a nice surprise, tried monkehs.com for old time’s sake and here it is resurrected :D hope you guys are doing ok. Glad to see everything back up and running.

Deltex
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: Deltex
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: Deltex

Previous

Return to News and Announcements