PLANETSIDE2 News feed - Last update 10th August 2012

All the latest News and important announcements related to Monkehs

Re: PLANETSIDE2 News feed - Last update 10th August 2012

Postby Necro » 15 Aug 2012, 01:14

Nearly forgot to add: The stability of monkehs.com hasn't been great I agree, technical issues with hosting prompted a recent move from one provider to another and things have taken a back-seat what with the development of the new PS2 Outfit site under-way.

Necro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CardiffGreens » 05 Sep 2012, 22:55

Quick update - since everyone is playing beta (except me, who's too busy cycling to get online =( ) - looks like SOE are taking a leaf out of Red5 studios and are looking at offering founders packages (i.e. throw them a wad of cash prior to launch, and they'll give you some virtual / real life tat)

Smed is asking for suggestions of what you'd like added here - http://www.planetside-universe.com/show ... hp?t=47676

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Postby CardiffGreens » 12 Nov 2012, 22:29

Ok, been a fair few months of no updates, apologies on my part - just a few things I guess.

Name reservation went live last week (for alpha-squad members - which is still available until the 16th of Movember - AS gets you 4000 station / proseiben points, an exclusive camo pattern, an exclusive decal, an exclusive title and unlocks an additional 4 weapons per empire at launch and a 6month implant to boost resources/XP by ~10%.

Details have also been released for the membership package, which'll set you back ~$15 a month, with improving benefits for paying it month-on-month (up to a 6 month maximum) - things like a 25-50% increase to XP, resource gain and passive cert point gain (which will be compounded with the increased XP gain as 500 XP points = 1 cert), early access to new cosmetic items, priority logon and 500 points per month.
The last week has seen the meta-game be improved - with base and continental benefits going live along with a new facility capture mechanice. In less good news, they also brought back the "key feature" from PS that noone really wanted, ADADADADAD strafe warping. Hopefully that'll get patched sooner rather than later.

SOE/smed have also released details on Station Point costs for various in-game items. Booster (exp/resource increase) implants will start at 75 points for 1 hour up to 500 for a week's worth for solo gain and 750 for a weeks's squad gain.
Weapons will be priced at 3 tiers at 250, 500 and 750 (they're now releasing this information in beta for everyone to look at, but purchases will be blocked until launch).
Cosmetics will vary between 50 (I presume decals) and 1250 (for armours, hopefully retro skins, I want my pearlescent purple/teal armour and orange visor dammit).

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Previous

Return to News and Announcements