NEW: MONKEHS BATTLEFIELD 3 SERVER

All the latest News and important announcements related to Monkehs

NEW: MONKEHS BATTLEFIELD 3 SERVER

Postby Necro » 30 Nov 2011, 01:29

Hi Folks, I have some awesome news:

Monkehs now have a UK based Hardcore Battlefield 3 Server on which to play! There are 32 slots so plenty of space for y'all. To join us simply ensure you are signed into battlelog and click the rather handy link below, and of course dont forget to add it to favourites:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se ... -HARDCORE/

If you have dificulties using the direct link above, you can simply search for "monkehs" in the search box of battle log server browser.

Alongside the server, we also have a 32 slot mumble server, and this will likely be becoming the default monkehs voice comms in the near future - details to follow.

Now the important bit
====================

Obviously the game and voice servers aren't provided to us for free, therefore we have to fund them if we want to keep them. Capper has rather kindly bitten the bullet and made the initial purchase, it's now up to us to re-supply his wallet so to speak for this month - the more people who can contribute a few beans, the less beans we will all have to pay. Please can I get a roll call in response to this post - just to indicate you are willing to donate a little (it won't be a lot)- we can then work out how much each person needs to give for things to be fairly split.

PS i'm aware of at least 5 people who said they would contribute on voice comms this evening, so it would be great to see some posts reflecting that asap!

Many thanks,

Fly safe.
Flight Lieutenant Necro

Necro
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NEW: MONKEHS BATTLEFIELD 3 SERVER

Postby CardiffGreens » 30 Nov 2011, 08:20

Any idea on the number of beans we'll need to cough up each month or so?

But I'll be willing to cough them up =)

Edit, and how would you like these beans sent over the internets? throwing loose change at the screen doesn't appear to be working too well (though the looks from my office colleagues is making up for it).
Last edited by CardiffGreens on 30 Nov 2011, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Postby MADWyvern » 30 Nov 2011, 12:05

Monkehs BF3 FORUM: http://www.monkehs.com/battlefield-3-f110.html

BF3 Mumble Details:
IP: 85.236.101.45:26512

The BF3 server costs about £32 for BRANDED, so if ten Monkehs contribute that is £3.20. If enough people contribute we may wish to debrand the server, this costs an additional £3, but comes with the benefit of:
No "Multiplay" brfore the Monkehs server name
Able to change message of the day and welcome messages etc...

BF3 Mumble now set up with 'US Marines' / 'RUSSIAN Land and Naval' channels. 8 Squad sub-channels per side.
Admin rights to those who contribute - Although perhaps ANY monkehs should have the ability to kick/ban/move users in case a peasant becomes tiresome :evil:

BF3 Battlefield Server
Made some changes to Admin config to ensure in-line with Hardcore requirements (min 4 player to start / min 2 player before round abort - and a load of others)
New profile BF3 Scout Heli Maps
Small edit on BF3 Monkehs server 1 profile - made in-line with hardcore
Last edited by MADWyvern on 05 Dec 2011, 20:48, edited 2 times in total.

MADWyvern
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Steam ID: MadWyvern

Postby MADWyvern » 30 Nov 2011, 12:44

BF3 Mumble Setup changes
Added a Monkehs Clan Member group - enables a Monkehs Clan Member to 'Register' a visitor so they can talk and traverse (change channel).
Locked the server down a bit to make it more secure - Contributing admins will be given rights equivalent to the SuperUser - but not the SuperUser details itself (too much scope for mayhem Mwahahaha)
Only Monkehs can enter the Monkehs Clan Member channel.
Server Rules
May want to make a rules list to outline what is acceptable behaviour for visitors to the server.
No TK - Vehicle Steal - Excessive RPG/Nades (especially in metro!!)
Last edited by MADWyvern on 05 Dec 2011, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

MADWyvern
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Postby Nubbins » 30 Nov 2011, 14:27

Nice i shall pop and and grab your tags :D (game name Ston3dmonkeh) is there a monkehs platoon? yes there is :D
Anti-Chav

Nubbins
Mad Monkeh!
Mad Monkeh!

Postby MasterAvatar » 30 Nov 2011, 20:44

What is Cappers Paypal address??

MasterAvatar
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Postby MADWyvern » 01 Dec 2011, 00:50

Getting alot of time to edit the server configs for the BF3 server - mumble is done for now.
BF3 changes are:
Added vehicle spawn time delay to 20% which is about 18 seconds, 100% would be 90 seconds. Hopefully google searches will direct to this page, so i'll spell it loud and clear:

Vehicle respawn time delay in seconds is 90 seconds at 100%
vars.vehicleSpawnDelay "20" -> this gives a respawn time of 18seconds, just quick enough to do a quick loadout change (ussually necessary as the last crash in the heli probably soiled your pants) and wait for it to spawn

vars.gameModeCounter "300" -> this setting changes the number of tickets per round.
100% represents 300 tickets, 300% is 3x300=900 tickets. If you have a number in mind (call it T) use the following equation: Ticket count = (T divided by 300) x 100
So for 900 tickets: 900 = (900 / 300) x 100 = 3 x 100 = 300 (percent)
Last edited by MADWyvern on 01 Dec 2011, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

MADWyvern
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Postby MADWyvern » 01 Dec 2011, 00:59

Creating several server profiles:
Scout Heli Maps - Kharg island and damavand
Air Maps - Kharg / firestorm / caspian / canals
Infantry maps - Seine / bazaar / metro / tehran (Not infantry only)

Ensuring all profiles have the same admin pw, creating a new server profile creates a unique password, PITA for BF3CC!!

Looking into making server messages, fine balance between death-by-spam, and getting the rules understood
Weapon damage can be decreased if we need to limit damage on infantry by rpg, BUT i need to be sure it won't un-hardcore the server, no use doing it if no f***er can find it on the server list.

All servers have also been set to have the minimum allowable players to kick off a round, this is 4, and the min num players to cause round forfeit: 2.

MADWyvern
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Postby MADWyvern » 01 Dec 2011, 01:03

Question - how long should the idle timeout be? People like me need time to get coffee 'quickly' ie: have a bath, make a coffe, get wifed, then turn up ten minutes later.
Not sure that we can make admins exempt from idle kick, but i will have a look.
Default is 300 second which i have left as is.

MADWyvern
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Postby MADWyvern » 02 Dec 2011, 01:09

Great activity on the server tonight Had a guy in the commander seat of meh tank when i had the guided shell equiped, OMFG overpowered. EVERY vehicle, air or land, that gets locked by comander & the shell, stays locked until the shell hits it. killed 2 attack helis which were running away like bankers from the responsibilities... okay not THAT fast, but you get the picture. Is definately what I am careening towards like a mad thing before it gets patched and broken/nerfed/fixed

MADWyvern
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Next

Return to News and Announcements