Busted / Any one have any hard drives for sale?

Discussions for technical problems, or just chatter about your latest toy!

Busted / Any one have any hard drives for sale?

Postby Aroc » 08 Feb 2006, 11:09

Well i left my PC miniging last night and when i woke up i had a blue screen, and not the normal one either, it was a realy pale blue color with no writing or anything.

I thought nothing just reset the PC but every time it is about to load up desktop it automatically resets:S

...I had a fillde with sutff but i couldn't get it to work so im reinstalling windows atm i have tried the quick format, but after that it doesnt pick up the harddrive on start up.

Im trying the long way now but i doubght it will work.

So yea i duno how often i can get on here, or RF atm :cry: :cry: :cry:

I probs just need a new hard drive tbh, any one got a link or one for sale?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aroc
Donatee
Donatee

Postby @B0FH » 09 Feb 2006, 09:55

hard drives dont like warmth really - and dependant on how long you leave your machine on will tell ya if its farked or not.

On the plus side, how big a drive do you need, and what type (PATA/SATA) - I have several of each in varying sizes lying around!!!
I Have A Fully-Charged Cattleprob, And The Temprement Of A Bullsquid - Do You Want To Take Me On?

@B0FH
Systems of Hull
Systems of Hull

Steam ID: b0fh
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: leb0fh

Postby Aroc » 09 Feb 2006, 13:08

Any size realy 40g plus and i have the fat wires...SATA i think...start me course next year, so atm, i only know what ive picked up.

Aroc
Donatee
Donatee

Postby @B0FH » 09 Feb 2006, 17:38

the fat wires are PATA (Also known as IDE cables, as they are for any IDE device, not just PATA drives).
SATA are the skinny ones with an "L" shaped plug.

Will see what I have, i think 120g is prob what to expect
I Have A Fully-Charged Cattleprob, And The Temprement Of A Bullsquid - Do You Want To Take Me On?

@B0FH
Systems of Hull
Systems of Hull

Steam ID: b0fh
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: leb0fh

Postby Aroc » 11 Feb 2006, 16:13

Nm now thanks m8, sorted now, went to a shop in me town.

Just installing all the bloody windows updates and other shiznay *Grrr*

Then ill be back and rolling

Aroc
Donatee
Donatee

Return to Hardware/OS Discussions