Couple of things I've noticed

Suggestions & bug reports for the site.
(If you're unable to login you may post here as a guest with your username in the post)

Couple of things I've noticed

Postby CardiffGreens » 19 Mar 2011, 12:34

1) The text in the text entry field for new posts is really difficult to read, as it's in some dark grey on a slightly darker grey background. Basically the only way I know I'm typing anything wrong is when FF's spellchecker fires up with its red lines.

2) The Monkehs banner logo at the top of the pages has developed a nasty habit of rendering somewhere further down the page (basically over the subject field in the new topic box). This is happening in IE8. FF and chrome.

3) Each time I'm jumping to the forums, there are (X) new posts, but the link to view them returns no results. Is this because someone is spamming a hidden forum I can't see. If so, stop it, it's making me paranoid. =P

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Re: Couple of things I've noticed

Postby Menacer » 20 Mar 2011, 18:39

CardiffGreens wrote:1) The text in the text entry field for new posts is really difficult to read, as it's in some dark grey on a slightly darker grey background. Basically the only way I know I'm typing anything wrong is when FF's spellchecker fires up with its red lines.

2) The Monkehs banner logo at the top of the pages has developed a nasty habit of rendering somewhere further down the page (basically over the subject field in the new topic box). This is happening in IE8. FF and chrome.

3) Each time I'm jumping to the forums, there are (X) new posts, but the link to view them returns no results. Is this because someone is spamming a hidden forum I can't see. If so, stop it, it's making me paranoid. =P

1) I'm looking in to this at the moment, it just needs the boxes's font changing to a much lighter colour but I must agree, its very annoying.

2) The banner at the top moving is due to a low-resolution viewing the page (anything 1280x1024 or smaller atm does it) i'm looking at fixing this at the moment, wont take a few seconds to fix hopefully.

3) This is due to spambots spamming the forum. A new users posts then need approval and I then just delete the entire username and so the posts never see the light of day im looking in to more and more anti-bot stuff atm but I have atleast culled the majority of them for now :)

Also as im sure you're about to see in this post. Quotes SERIOUSLY need fixing lol

Menacer
Administrator
Administrator

Steam ID: Menacer
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: Menacerz
Playstation Network ID: Nacey

Postby CardiffGreens » 21 Mar 2011, 11:26

Menacer wrote:Also as im sure you're about to see in this post. Quotes SERIOUSLY need fixing lol

O'rly?

Anyways, cheers for getting back so quickly, it all seems a lot lot better now =)

I'll keep you posted on any other niggly little things I find about the place =D

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Postby @B0FH » 21 Mar 2011, 11:52

We're at 22 issues/bugs and counting after half a day looking :cry:

NINJA EDIT: 18/25 issues fixed, plus 5 extra suggestions to consider - looking much better :)
I Have A Fully-Charged Cattleprob, And The Temprement Of A Bullsquid - Do You Want To Take Me On?

@B0FH
Systems of Hull
Systems of Hull

Steam ID: b0fh
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: leb0fh

Return to Site Feedback