DoD: Source

First & Third Person Shooter discussions, such as Crysis, Dead Space and Left 4 Dead

Postby uMz » 28 Sep 2005, 09:44

its good, but doesnt blow me away

uMz
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Postby Geneysis » 29 Sep 2005, 10:24

Yeah got it, played it. Tis ok but not uber special.

& is it just me or is the thing bugged to hell - getting stuck on pebbles - getting stuck stood next to people, on stairs etc.

Joined a few servers yesterday - most people tend to camp one spot with the big MCG or sit in a house & shoot at what passes by - even in the first game I managed to get straight to the top of the leader board by capping the flags & running around finding back ways & shooting them.

Maybe its that the game is new & a lot of people haven't really got into it yet.

Geneysis
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Postby Menacer » 29 Sep 2005, 10:35

Well mate come onto our server and were building a good fan base, IP's on the home page, we will be changing vent server soon also, apart from that Ive found the game good fun adn interesting to play with some good players around =D

Menacer
Administrator
Administrator

Steam ID: Menacer
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: Menacerz
Playstation Network ID: Nacey

Postby The_B » 29 Sep 2005, 12:40

yeh - a few bugs, but it's a Valve game: what did you expect? :P

- Obviously after we've seen CS 1.6 goto CS:S already, the impact of DoD:S isn't going to be as big as that was, but really, capturing flags IS the game's main objective - if you can get on good servers (like Monkehs) the game really comes into it's own - whereas yes you can go around capping, but if the other team are good you get some really cool battles - last night me Nace, Kaze, Jamus Wabbit, Umzy, Wyvern and a few others were playing on Flash with randoms on our server and we managed to make one round last nearly a whole hour because it was so evenly matched - I think that was probably one of the best games I've had so far!

-like most online games, your enjoyment will depend on many factors, such as other players, quality of server, teammates and opponents, as well as your own style of play - but when it all comes together (which I have to admit, our server is, so far, amongst the best out there) the feeling is awsome, and dare I say, better than CS:S sometimes? ;)

The_B

Postby Kaze » 29 Sep 2005, 12:42

Is Flash the one where I FUCKING OWNED YOU ALL WITH MY SNIPER RIFLE?!?! :P

sorry, couldnt resist =)

Kaze
Lupicinus Werewolf
Lupicinus Werewolf

Postby The_B » 29 Sep 2005, 12:58

Kaze wrote:Is Flash the one where I FUCKING OWNED YOU ALL WITH MY SNIPER RIFLE?!?! :P

sorry, couldnt resist =)

That was avalanche - and yes you did - you were on my team! ;) - I meanwhile am the 1337 Ninja flag capper! :P

The_B

Postby Kaze » 29 Sep 2005, 13:23

nah nah, avalanche i know, i was thinking of the map with like, its grass and got that 1 point in the middle but anyone can cap not needing 2 people?

Kaze
Lupicinus Werewolf
Lupicinus Werewolf

Postby uMz » 29 Sep 2005, 13:45

it seems only 4 maps are released atm

flash - Quite a small fast map, no 2 man caps.. quite grassy and lots of buildings..

avalanche - Easy to describe as a hill, with US fighting up the hill.. 2 man cap in the centre with various routes to take thro buildings

anzio - Again quite a fast map, there are two 2 man caps, the bridge and the market square. The us start in the water

donner - 1 two man cap in the middle of the map by a tank, lots of choke points for snipers and mg'ers

uMz
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Postby Sgt.Tris » 30 Sep 2005, 18:34

I love dod source and im new to MiA for it and our sever is the best its the lest laggiest
:DHaPpY HoUr!!!:D

Sgt.Tris
Whack a Newbie!
Whack a Newbie!

Postby Shadow » 30 Sep 2005, 19:04

i've got a question, must you download or buy DoD:S?

The game sounds good.
Playing: CoH, CoV, GW, BF2

Shadow
Whack a Newbie!
Whack a Newbie!

PreviousNext

Return to First & Third Person Shooters