[Mars War] - "The most powerful MMOFPS of all time"

First & Third Person Shooter discussions, such as Crysis, Dead Space and Left 4 Dead

[Mars War] - "The most powerful MMOFPS of all time"

Postby CardiffGreens » 19 Mar 2011, 12:30

"And definitely not a complete clone of Planetside"

Andway, link is here

In the process of installing it now, just to see what it's like. Appears you pick a side to fight on (I'm picking the dudes in green) - will update with the full details as more becomes apparent as I play and have a look about.

From what I can gather, it's a partly free to play MMOFPS, "much in the style" of our beloved Planetside.

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Re: [Mars War] - "The most powerful MMOFPS of all time"

Postby Menacer » 20 Mar 2011, 20:08

Mars War definitely looks like an interesting little game. You can definitely tell the Planetside influence.

Let us know how it plays out, the videos of it all make it look very laggy :\

Menacer
Administrator
Administrator

Steam ID: Menacer
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: Menacerz
Playstation Network ID: Nacey

Re: [Mars War] - "The most powerful MMOFPS of all time"

Postby CardiffGreens » 21 Mar 2011, 11:24

Lag varies, it's just like PS in that foot zerging is a slow slow process. And the playerbase varies between guys bunnyhopping like crazy to avoid being hit, to mong who just turret about in aircraft (and then probably moan about AV being overpowered =P).

It's an ok game, still a lot of things to work out (nicely each day they have several "daily" quests/ missions (kill 3 people with a spoon/rifle/shotgun, play for 40 minutes). THere are a couple of maps, and it seems the idea is you cap a "point" (somehow, I've not penetrated the pigeon english to fully understand the process) (and it seems there is only 1 point per map to capture) and if you hold it long enough, you'll win.

Ulitmately, this sort of game rocks with some collaborative team work, currently there isn't any on show when I've played =P

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Return to First & Third Person Shooters