Best Race?

Discussions about Real-Time Strategy games, such as Dawn Of War & Command and Conquer

Postby Askwith » 20 Nov 2004, 11:32

At the moment I'm on form with Space Marines but I think the best race once you can use em is gonna have to be eldar for the same reasons I play GLA in C&C Generals.

Make use of warp gates to instantly deploy forces to battle and run away when the squad needs replenishing, I prefer a bit of sneaking about with hit and run tactics rather that sending a screen full of units at the nearest enemy outpost, but that seems to work most of the time as a backup plan. :P

Adam
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

MiA|Askwith

Askwith
Whack a Newbie!
Whack a Newbie!

Postby Askwith » 20 Nov 2004, 11:33

At the moment I'm on form with Space Marines but I think the best race once you can use em is gonna have to be eldar for the same reasons I play GLA in C&C Generals.

Make use of warp gates to instantly deploy forces to battle and run away when the squad needs replenishing, I prefer a bit of sneaking about with hit and run tactics rather that sending a screen full of units at the nearest enemy outpost, but that seems to work most of the time as a backup plan. :P

Adam
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

MiA|Askwith

Askwith
Whack a Newbie!
Whack a Newbie!

Postby Max001 » 20 Nov 2004, 14:39

I play all races except Orks, they look good on paper but there actualy very weak and die really easy. Their elite unit, the Squiggoth isnt actually that good, but can be effective as a support/seige unit or for blasting a path through the enemy army. Their main forces, the slugga boys and shoota boys are crap tbh. If your a rusher then their your best friends but later on the game they suck beans. Nob squads are pretty good with the claw upgrade, their the only ork unit i like actually. They dont have a decent tank but the tin cans are alright (those mech looking things).

Chaos have possesd marines, if you spend your full squad cap on them you can overrun anything they throw at you with predators and a thrister as backup, the demonicfire upgrade is so overpowerd its not even funny, i forsee a nerf for them. If possesd marines isnt your thing you can always send a fully cloaked army into the there base and surprise them, Chaos marines get the infiltrate ability so taking them to the back then sacrificing a squad leader to summom the thirster always catches them off guard.

The Space Marines are at a disadvantage at the start until you can get plasma and rockets for the marines, and dreads of course. Later on they get Terminators and the ability to launch troops anywhere they want, which is a VERY powerful tactic in the hands of an experianced player. They get the best tanks id say because of the dreads.

The Eldar, if played correctly, cant really be stopped. The devs are definetly gonna nerf the range bonesigners can teleport to, its just insane. I would say their 1 weakness is lack of decent tanks. The prisms are ok but they die to easily to predators. The seer council is ok if your planning to rush but later on their a doddle to beat, mostly because their morale vanishes when they come under fire. The best aspect about them is their ability to send troops anywhere in the map EXTREMELY easily. And prizms can jump defensive gaps and attack the main bases effectivly.

All in all i would say they all have their strenghs and their weaknesses. Chaos are the best because of the sheer power of possesd marines.

Max001
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Postby Yarrick » 10 Jan 2005, 04:26

well that shows you know nothing about orks.. i played a 3 vs 4.. i was the 3. (dam player drop)

but i took out an ork base that was backed up by an ork army/eldar worpgates pooring out infantry. then destroyed half of the eldar base before the enamy relized that they should take me out.. it took 3..

almost every time i had 6 killa kanz and 8 squadz of boyz with nobz.

Yarrick
Whack a Newbie!
Whack a Newbie!

Previous

Return to Real-Time Strategy