Molten Core Fire Resist info here..

Discuss WoW, WAR, DDO, RFO and any others

Molten Core Fire Resist info here..

Postby Distiller » 25 Mar 2006, 13:05

Essential for one fight in Molten Core. Main Tanks should aim for up to 315 Fire Resistance when fighting Ragnaros.

Baron Geddon in Molten Core is also purely fire damage and the fire elementals between Garr and Baron Geddon are also much easier if you have a reasonable amount of Fire Resistance

Several fights in Blackwing Lair require Fire resist.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Plate_Resist_List

Click your armour type and scroll to find the resist type you want.

Warriors should be aiming for 200 atm, Everyone else just get what u can please for now.. The more you have the greater yours and our chance of survival in MC :)
Last edited by Distiller on 25 Mar 2006, 18:01, edited 2 times in total.

Distiller
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zepjub » 25 Mar 2006, 14:53

315 is alot though. most in my alli guild barely have 170 and we do raggie smoothly:P

also FR isnt needed in all parts of MC. FR at gharr is pointless

Zepjub
Whack a Newbie!
Whack a Newbie!

Postby Distiller » 25 Mar 2006, 17:58

I said 315 just for the Main tanks mate.. others dont have to be anywhere near that.. Having it high if you are a rogue is a bonus.. And 315 is for Ragnaros only.

And i didnt say Garr i said the elementals between Garr and Baron Geddon.. think they are called Fire Lords if i remember rightly..

Most of my Alli guild barely have 170 too.. MT's have 315.. We also do Raggie smootly and also do Nefarian smoothly too :)

Distiller
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zepjub » 25 Mar 2006, 19:34

Yeah i meant only our maintank has 300++
the rest got little. Rather DPS\Healing gear;)
The WTF pwning kiddo!

Zepjub
Whack a Newbie!
Whack a Newbie!

Postby Ai3o » 28 Mar 2006, 08:35

Far raggy your going to need Alot!!! my guild on Deathwing all meele need 200+ and all ranged/healers need 80+ and we get the UBRS buff be4 we start on raggy

Ai3o
Whats a Frag?
Whats a Frag?

Postby GoldenEye » 29 Mar 2006, 14:28

MT at raggy will need 315 if you want to be doing it smoothly.

We don't use the UBRS buff, but most of our members have a fire res of over 100 when buffed (as a mage i have 170).

Through the rest of the instance, i guess it depends on your tanks and how good your dps is - If you don't lose agro and turn the mobs away from the rest of the group then you shouldn't really be getting hit by fire dmg. This applies to Magmadar aswell, if you see a big fire ball in your face then you really should move ;)

Best advice I can give for the raggy fight from a dps perspective is to make sure you have decent dmg (you don't want to have 2 sons of raggy coming at you ;)), use healthstones / fire protection potions / whipper tube roots and pop a fire protection potion before the fight to avoid cooldowns. Most of MC is just tactics and be able to execute them with good group placement and not panicing when the :censored: hits the fan (ooc resser is also useful! )

GoldenEye
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Postby Adio » 30 Mar 2006, 09:18

My Guild on Bloodhoof do Raggy quite well, and again our MT has 300+ FR. Ranged DPS aren't allowed to fight Raggy unless they have 120 FR Unbuffed. I have well over 200 Buffed as a Hunter (Full BDS Set, a few trinkets, rings, necks, and 7/8 PCS Giantstalker).
CS Source : MiA|Adio
WoW Bloodhoof : Kodus (lvl 60 Hunter, Protectorate)

Adio
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Postby Distiller » 30 Mar 2006, 09:59

Adio wrote:My Guild on Bloodhoof do Raggy quite well, and again our MT has 300+ FR. Ranged DPS aren't allowed to fight Raggy unless they have 120 FR Unbuffed. I have well over 200 Buffed as a Hunter (Full BDS Set, a few trinkets, rings, necks, and 7/8 PCS Giantstalker).

Im also originally a hunter.., I have around 160 unbuffed with full BDS with boots plus every other peice of FR gear i can use without gimping my stats too much (Bracers from BRD are decent).. I have 8/8 GS and 5/8 DS.. So i use the parts from each that have FR gear also.. And.. Atm we can ALMOST get Raggy down before the 1st wave of sons spawn! still working on that! :P

Distiller
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Postby Rocktart » 30 Mar 2006, 10:28

We take rag quite easily now, and he is the main place you need FR in MC. This is particularly true for ranged dps, ranged can get away with low FR for all of MC bar ragnaros IMO. Melee will need it for fire elemental types as well.

I usually just go with about 200 FR for rag, and keep on my best +dam kit. I can max out to about 270 (without totem) ATM but I only use that much in BWL.
What shall we do tonight Brain?
The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

Rocktart
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Postby Adio » 31 Mar 2006, 15:01

I normally go with about 100 FR, as I can get away with that + a Fire pot. Also have a cool place to stand where i've never had one knockback yet...

We haven't quite got him down before the 1st set of Sons, but can get to about 22% normally.
CS Source : MiA|Adio
WoW Bloodhoof : Kodus (lvl 60 Hunter, Protectorate)

Adio
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Return to Massively Multiplayer Games