Deathwing Migration!

Discuss WoW, WAR, DDO, RFO and any others

Deathwing Migration!

Postby CardiffGreens » 16 May 2006, 01:16

Just to let you know (at least those that play on DW) - Elite Order is currently voting whether to migrate or not - we got a meeting planned for Wednesday night to decide whether it happens or not.

But right now it looks like we'll be leaving Deathping (along with about 17 other guilds - so after migration it'll be Deadwing), which'll mean all my toons will be migrating (since they all act as bank space for my main) - which will be a shame if the rest of you stay behind.

Bascially posted this to let you know either way what we'll be doing, so it'll be up to you whether you'll want to join us if we move, but I'd thought I'd let you all know if migration rolls around and you never see us online again :'(

(Though if we do move, I'll try to create a toon in Monkehs just for old times sake ;))

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Steam ID: CardiffGreens
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: CardiffGreens
Playstation Network ID: CardiffGreens
Wii Number: 2359-0953-5807-0397

Postby @B0FH » 16 May 2006, 07:07

So your all migrating to Draenor? coolio! :)

However, Monkehs has now become Detrimentum - just so you don't go wondering "where's the guild gone" ;)
I Have A Fully-Charged Cattleprob, And The Temprement Of A Bullsquid - Do You Want To Take Me On?

@B0FH
Systems of Hull
Systems of Hull

Steam ID: b0fh
GfWL/XBoxLive ID: leb0fh

Postby Geneysis » 16 May 2006, 08:03

How are you migrating so many?? Are you just re-rolling or have Blizz allowed a free migration of all accounts? Where are you going btw?

Plus - if 17 guilds are migrating won't that sort the lag - so you could stay behind?)

Good luck anyway.

Geneysis
Old-School Monkeh
Old-School Monkeh

Postby Jasamondo » 16 May 2006, 11:58

How are you migrating so many?? Are you just re-rolling or have Blizz allowed a free migration of all accounts? Where are you going btw?

Plus - if 17 guilds are migrating won't that sort the lag - so you could stay behind?)

Good luck anyway.

"May 22nd - 26th
Zenedar --> (to be decided)
Dunemaul --> (to be decided)
Ravencrest --> (to be decided)
Deathwing --> (to be decided)"

:)

Surely if 17 guilds are leaving some of the lag will follow along? ;)

And b0fh, they wouldn't migrate to Draenor anyways as they class it as "full"

They may even get a new one :)

Good luck on your new realm anyways.

Jasamondo
Spammer
Spammer

GfWL/XBoxLive ID: WotDa

Postby CardiffGreens » 16 May 2006, 14:39

Well, seems I was a bit hasty - we *might* not be moving - voting is roughly 50/50 on the suject - but we'll have a difinitive answer either way tomorrow.

And to regards to the lag, this new server is hosted on these new fangled pieces of hardware, rather than the pile of poo they used in the earlier servers, so even if the whole of DW moved, we'd still probably have less lag :P

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Postby Murdos » 16 May 2006, 15:02

Id like to move, but ive just joined a to a larger guild called Tanith First and Only. So, i dont know about migration. But, itd be ashame for the last pieces of monkehs alliance to breakup :'( Oh well, good luck on the new server if you move :)
I don't play games. I just make signatures -.-

Murdos
Lupicinus Werewolf
Lupicinus Werewolf

Postby CardiffGreens » 19 May 2006, 19:48

We're not migrating!!

(In an MC run right now - at geddon now - so've prolly wiped us all while I type this - so will post more infor later :))

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Postby Jasamondo » 19 May 2006, 20:03

Cool, its always good to stay where you are with most of the people you already know. :)

Jasamondo
Spammer
Spammer

GfWL/XBoxLive ID: WotDa

Postby Murdos » 19 May 2006, 20:29

Yeah, abandoning us. Pfft the cheek
I don't play games. I just make signatures -.-

Murdos
Lupicinus Werewolf
Lupicinus Werewolf

Postby CardiffGreens » 19 May 2006, 23:37

Right, whats happened to cause us (and the rest of the guilds that were going to migrate, both from Deathwing and Dunemaul) to change our minds has occured over the last 24 hours or so.

Both servers have been aware of a "DW + DM ==> Unknown realm" migration for a couple of weeks.

Last night Blizz changed this to DW ==> Unknown, DM ==> Unknown migrations

Today they informed us that we'd be moving to "KAzzak" - a server that opened about a month ago with about 9000 accounrs and 35 MC + raiding guilds on it (which is listed as "full" to stop peopel from filling it up prior to migration)

Needless to say, this isn't what we were expecting. So were're staying put for the moment.

Though if Blizz decided to open a DW + DM => New server migration this will no doubt change again.

Though this MC tonight saw the drop of this little beauty - so we'll have another Imba paladin within our ranks (we've already had another get GM a couple of months ago ^^)

CardiffGreens
Monkeh!
Monkeh!

Next

Return to Massively Multiplayer Games